Almonte Junior Civitan
Almonte Junior Civitan, chartered in 2008 by the Almonte Civitan Club, is a community service organization for students in grades 7-12. Members meet at the Civitan Hall on the second & fourth Wednesdays of the month at 7:30 pm.
Members are credited with Community Hours for their help with projects but more importantly learn to develop leadership skills and enjoy the fellowship of being part of a group that can make a difference in their community.
The Juniors have their own service projects including:
- Helping residents play bingo at Fairview Manor
- Supporting The Mills Group Home Dances
- Taking part in Remembrance Day at the Cenotaph
- Taking part in the Hub Angel Tree program
- Helping Civitan with a Group Home Christmas Dinner
- Doing coat check for the Violet Femmes Fundraiser
- Collecting and weaving milk bags for Haiti
The Juniors run two major fundraisers with the support of the Almonte Civitan Club – the Annual Spaghetti Supper in February or March and the Mothers Day Breakfast. This allows them to support:
- School fundraisers and special school projects
- Remembrance Day Wreathe
- Mississippi Mills Youth Center
- Hub Hospice
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Civitan International Research Centre
- Almonte General Hospital
Contact: Almonte Civitan 613-256-6234 or
Let's work together
Civitans are dedicated to improving their communities through community service. On the international level, Civitan focuses on helping people with developmental disabilities. Civitan funds the Civitan International Research Center, a research and treatment facility for developmental disabilities and special needs.